Apply for Vacancy for Database Administrator at Dallas College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
An intermediate position responsible for monitoring and modifying database management systems and applications; Also, identifies, analyzes and resolves performance issues to meet end user requirements. Focus on optimizing the performance of the database as well as database security, backup, and recovery of database systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience and knowledge of database systems including monitoring, maintenance, tuning, security, performance and capacity management.
- Also, proven working experience as a Database Administrator with hands-on experience applicable to database standards, design, documentation and coding practices.
- Moreover, must be focused, goal driven and possess skills such as attention to detail and research, with the ability to prioritize assignments and projects.
- Additionally, ability to recommend and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Additionally, strong experience with data modeling tools. Strong knowledge of database concepts and advanced problem solving skills.
- Furthermore, demonstrated ability to collaborate in a diverse team environment to work through issues, obstacles or other challenges.
- Also, project management and business analysis skills. Ability to acclimate to the use of new software tools as attained.
- Additionally, ability to work in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Furthermore, excellent organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and knowledge of methodologies to meet the organizational goals. Strong and effective conflict resolution skills.
- Also, experience manipulating warehouse and operating systems with strong proficiencies utilized when scripting and clustering.
- Similarly, demonstrates a customer service approach to service delivery and effectively corresponds with both internal and external stakeholders in a diverse environment. Must have strong customer skills.
- Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment.
- Also, reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a complex multi-platform environment or Associate’s degree and four years of experience in a complex multi-platform environment or Graduation from high school or high school equivalent and six years of experience in a complex multi-platform environment.
- Also, official college transcript.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, management, data integrity and security of database systems.
- Also, provides administrative and technical assistance for district-wide database systems and applications to enhance and expand the ability to collect, process and retrieve data.
- Likewise, ensures compliance with regulation and requirements according to district policies.
- Additionally, keeps abreast of technological changes and advancements through professional development activities.
- Accountable for project design and planning processes.
- Furthermore, troubleshoots database problems and provides on-call database management technical support.
- Monitors database utilization and storage capacity, avoiding limitations and problems by designing, planning, implementing storage and expansion of database.
- Participates in the design, coordination and implementation of disaster recovery strategies for centralized District database systems.