Vacancy for Data Analyst at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The category of the position is Information Technology.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Also, aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and six centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, clinical and translational research, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Data Analyst for the Center for Tobacco Studies (CTS). Under the supervision of the Core Director, the Data Analyst provides data extraction, collection, analysis, and reporting support for the Survey Methods and Data Analysis Core at Rutgers Center for Tobacco Studies to facilitate the accomplishment of applicable research objectives.
Among the key duties of this position are the following for Vacancy for Data Analyst in the USA:
- Prepares datasets and provides supporting documentation for statistical analysis.
- Also, with oversight from the Core Director, develops appropriate statistical models to analyze research data, while managing and maintaining datasets.
- Likewise, interacts with senior and junior investigators to analyze study data for technical reports, journal articles and conference presentations. This may include writing and contributing to publications.
- Additionally, prepares data collection forms, surveys, tables and figures.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Survey Research or a related field.
- Additionally, three (3) years of experience in academia, government, or industry in the area of design and analysis of projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in data management and statistical analysis using SAS, Stata, or SPSS.
- Also, working knowledge of tobacco control related issues.
- Similarly, strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree
- Likewise, proficiency with multiple statistical software programs (e.g., SAS and Stata).
- Experience with survey research and working with large data systems such as PATH, NHIS, BRFSS, and/or TUS-CPS.
- Furthermore, experience with data collection systems such as Qualtrics.
Organization: The State University of New Jersey
Deadline: 30th June 2021
City: New Brunswick, NJ