Apply for Vacancy for Cloud Architect at George Washington University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Job Description Summary
GW Information Technology is the chief provider of technology services for the GW community with the mission to equip students, faculty, and staff with the technology and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence.
- Provide expertise, technical governance, and support for cloud architectures, deployments, and operations
- Also, drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment of services
- Work in conjunction with project sponsors to manage scope and risk while ensuring delivery in allotted timeframes
- Likewise, ensure that existing solutions satisfy functional requirements and performance metrics
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues
- Furthermore, demonstrate the ability to thoroughly research possibilities, articulate multiple options, while expressing pros and cons for each, and offering a recommendation
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts
- Also, advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Similarly, provide thought leadership to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
– Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued success
- Likewise, lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Also, conduct project reviews with team members
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 7 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 5 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Also, 7 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management, security, or operations
- Additionally, experience with multiple public cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Likewise, experience leading project initiatives
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Similarly, experience relocating ERP application to a cloud native environment
- Furthermore, experience working in a research or academic environment preferred.
Organization: George Washington University
Deadline: 30th September 2021