Apply for the Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships For International Students in the United States. The Illinois Wesleyan full-tuition President’s Scholarships for international students are offered each year to eligible foreign applicants who wish to study an undergraduate degree program at the Illinois Wesleyan in the United States. The Scholarship at Illinois Wesleyan University is dedicated to highly qualified excellent international students based on their recent academic achievements, their talents, and passion. Each year, the university offers two (2) full-tuition scholarships covering the whole period of your undergraduate program.
The two President’s Scholarships are renewable for up to four years of study at Illinois Wesleyan University subject to the recipient’s performance in the previous academic year. Apart from the President’s scholarship, Illinois Wesleyan is also able to award merit scholarships and need-based financial aid for international students in each first-year entering class.
Usually, applicants have the option of indicating that they wish to be considered for any of the scholarships during the application process. Therefore, there are no extra steps beyond applying for admission to be considered for these merit awards above.
Financial Benefits from Scholarship at Illinois Wesleyan University
Applicants who successfully complete the admissions application are automatically considered for one of the following scholarships
- You will receive one of the two (2) full-tuition scholarships covering the tuition cost for your first year and renewable for up to four years of study.
- You may also apply for a Merit-based scholarship offered to qualified international applicants with outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams.
- Merit-based awards usually range from $16,000 to $30,000 per year and are renewable for up to four years.
Eligibility Required for Scholarship at Illinois Wesleyan University
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- You must be an international applicant. Usually, students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents are considered international students.
- Applicants for the scholarships must be applying for one of the undergraduate degree programs offered at Illinois Wesleyan University.
- You must fulfill the admission requirement for the degree program of your choice
- Candidates must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency. Accepted certificates include IELTS, TOEFL, GTEC, or Duolingo English Test scores
If you are interested in one of the above scholarships, you must apply for admission to Illinois Wesleyan University. There are no extra steps beyond applying for admission to be considered for you to be considered for one of these merit awards. Also, note that there is no application fee to apply to Illinois Wesleyan University. Applicants must therefore complete their application by submitting the following support documents
- You must complete either the IWU Application or Common Application using the online platform (there is no fee or preference for either application)
- Applicants must submit their official copies of academic records from all their previous study experience including secondary schools and colleges
- You must also include academic records for any institution in which you are currently enrolled.
- Applicants must make sure that their academic records are in English and notarized. If your Transcripts are not issued in English, you must submit their official and notarized translations
- You must also upload your English Proficiency Exam results. IELTS, TOEFL, GTEC, or Duolingo English Test scores are accepted.
- Applicants must submit one Letter of Recommendation in English from a person that knows them well, for example, a teacher or counselor who can attest to your academic and English language abilities in terms of reading comprehension, listening, and speaking.
- A photocopy of your passport
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.