Applications are open for the Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024. The scholarship will support students who demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue.
The Fund shall provide one full scholarship annually to a Master’s student from an Arab country to attend a Master’s programme at Leiden University. Moreover, the scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarships
- The maximum amount of the Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship is €30,000.
Eligibility for Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarships
- Open to Arab students who have received an official letter of acceptance into a one year Master’s programme at Leiden University.
- Students must be nationals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.
Evaluation Criteria for Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarships
- Academic excellence
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant’s continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context
- Strong motivation in line with the ideals of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation’s goal of promoting Euro-Arab dialogue and understanding
- Financial need
Application of Leiden University
Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Copy of passport
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translations)
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees (in English)
- Letter of acceptance from Leiden University. In order to meet the March 31 deadline for the scholarship, applicants should apply to University no later than February 1 for the September intake. Applications may take between 4-6 weeks to be processed by Leiden University. Without a letter of acceptance from University, the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation cannot consider applicants for a scholarship.
- A detailed programme outline of the Master study the scholar intends to pursue at University (in English)
- Budget: please be thorough in completing your budget to include tuition fees (and whether you have applied to other scholarship funds) as well as necessary expenses to be incurred during the academic year. The maximum amount that may be awarded is €30,000 for an academic year. You can use this Budget Template.
- Signed and dated Application Form (the form can also be downloaded in the application portal).
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!