Apply for Fully Funded Scholarship at University of Manchester in the UK. The deadline for this application is 1st July 2021.
University of Manchester is pioneering a four-year fully-funded BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) for outstanding and eligible domestic and international students who wish to enroll in a doctoral training program at the University.
The University graduate skills training program is to provide research and transferable skills linked to academic progression, personal development and career aspirations.
All BBSRC DTP projects is to provide multidisciplinary challenges for students with backgrounds including bioscience, biomedical, mathematical and physical sciences. Your PhD thesis must be submitted within four years of starting the program.
You will spend time in the labs of the supervisory team undertaking training via formal rotations, enabling you to gain valuable skills and techniques to complete your project. The Institution also provide in-house training in mathematical methods and analysis, as well as the opportunity to undertake an online program to enhance your systems biology knowledge and expertise.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of Manchester BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership (Fully-funded)
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Also, applicants must be into PhD degree program.
- The award is available for PhD courses in bioscience, biomedical, mathematical and physical sciences offered at the University.
- Likewise, other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Additionally, applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent
- Furthermore, exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- Similarly , high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation).
The benefits of the University of Manchester BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership (Fully-funded) include following for Fully Funded Scholarship in the UK:
- Fully-funded scholarship
- Get cross-disciplinary experience and training through project rotations early in the program.
- Likewise, go on a three-month placement in an area unrelated to your project to learn about different careers and improve your employability.
- Opportunity to spend two years at an overseas partner institution (Dual Award) or complete a research placement in industry of up to 12 months.
- Also, access bespoke graduate skills training, in-house systems biology maths training and the BBSRC’s SysMic program.
- Additionally, have the opportunity to take up CASE studentships offering enhanced training with an industrial partner, which are also available as part of the BBSRC DTP.
How-to-Apply: If you wish to be in for a BBSRC DTP Studentship and meet the eligibility criteria, you must complete a single online application.
Also, complete the form following the instructions. You can include this as one of your three project choices on your online application form. Just make this clear on the form.