Apply for the International Excellence Scholarship for the 2022 academic year at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland. This scholarship is dedicated to international students who wish to study for an undergraduate degree at the University of St. Andrews starting in 2022 with an overseas fee status. The university, therefore, welcomes applicants who are gifted students with academic excellence. Applicants are international non-EU students with excellent results from their high school education
As a successful scholarship recipient, you will be expected to fulfill an ambassadorial role and represent the University at a number of events during your time at the University. As a unique and captivating place, the University of St Andrews is truly a relaxed and student-friendly environment. Seven centuries of history link the students with the town, leading to the ancient and yet modern institution apparent today.
Alongside the International Excellence Scholarship, applicants also have the opportunity to apply for the Global merit award dedicated to entrant undergraduate overseas fee-paying students applying to study at St Andrew’s. Remember, to apply for these scholarships, you must first submit your application for admission into your preferred degree program.
Benefits from International Excellence Scholarship
Selected applicants for the scholarship program will receive several benefits including:
- You will be granted £25,000 annually for the full duration of your preferred undergraduate program
- This award may be used to cover tuition fees and a contribution towards living costs.
- There is one (1) International Excellence Scholarship offer for the academic year 2022-2023.
- You may also apply for one of the 22 Global merit awards offered to entrant undergraduate students. These awards are worth £5,000 per year
Eligibility Required for International Excellence Scholarship
In order to apply, you must full fill the following application conditions:
- Applicants must be overseas students (non-EU) who wish to study at The University of St. Andrews.
- You must be applying for an undergraduate degree and must be an entrant in 2022.
- Applicants can apply for any degree program under subjects excluding Medicine.
- The scholarship is only available to students entering their first year of an undergraduate degree (this includes direct entry into year two of the course).
- Applicants must be talented students who are gifted with academic excellence.
- The successful scholars will be expected to fulfill an ambassadorial role and represent the University at a number of events.
- You must provide a statement of motivation in support of your application worth up to 250 words. This should include your reasons for applying for the Scholarship, explaining how you would expect to benefit from the opportunities the award provides and describing how you think you might contribute to the community while studying at the University of St Andrews.
Application Tips for International Excellence Scholarship
Applicants must first apply for admission into a new course beginning in the 2022-2023 academic year, after which they will have access to the Scholarships and Funding section through My Application. This scholarship is only available for application through Scholarships and Funding
Please note that after applying for your chosen course beginning in the 2022-2023 academic year, you must allow at least two working days for processing and issue of your log-in details before you can apply for this scholarship. You will need to upload the following documents as well.
- Firstly, You will be required to upload a personal letter of recommendation as well as an Academic letter of recommendation
- Secondly, Both letters should not be more than 200 words each
- Thirdly, The academic reference could be from a teacher, college counselor, or someone who knows your academic capabilities well.
- A personal reference should be given from a non-family member who will serve as a personal character reference.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.