Apply for the 2022 Government of Mauritius Scholarships Program. The Government of Mauritius invites applicants for this annual scholarship program. This scholarship program is too deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries. Eligible students may apply for undergraduate, Masters, or PhD programs at one of the participating universities in Mauritius.
Application for this scholarship program is solely made through the Nominating Agency in your home country, which collects, process, and submits scholarship applications on your behalf. Usually, the Nominating Agency is or part of the Ministry of Education in your home country.
The work of the nominating agency is to collect, process, endorse and shortlist scholarship applications. Each Nominating Agency of each participating country must select a maximum of 15 qualifying candidates with five selections in each category of Undergraduate, Masters, and MPhil/PhD and submit the duly completed application forms.
Please note that due to the ongoing Cpovid-19 pandemic, all selected scholarship recipients should get fully vaccinated before they travel to Mauritius to commence their studies. Otherwise, if you cannot receive a covid-19 vaccine due to medical purposes, you are required to present a medical certificate proving this reason.
Benefits from Government of Mauritius Scholarships
Selected applicants for the 2022 selection session will receive the following benefits
- The Scholarship will cover full tuition fees for their selected degree program.
- Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend to contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- You will also receive a return airfare by the most economical route from your country to Mauritius at the start of your studies, and ack upon completion of your studies.
Eligibility Required for Government of Mauritius Scholarships
- Firstly, You must be a resident citizen of a member state of the African Union or African Commonwealth country
- Secondly, Applicants for undergraduate programs must be above the age of 18 but should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- Thirdly, If applying for a Master’s programme you must be younger than 35 years at the time of application
- Additionally, For applicants applying for PhD programs, they must not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- Lastly, You must have applied for admission into a full-time on-campus program (Diploma, Degree, Master’s, or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius.
Application Instructions of Government of Mauritius Scholarships
To apply, first, submit your application for admission for your preferred degree program at one of the participating universities in Mauritius. You must then contact the nominating Agency in your home country to express your interest in this scholarship program. (Nomination Agencies are usually Ministries of Education or Foreign Affairs Make sure you confirm with your country)
A Nominating Agency is typically part of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant. The Nominating Agency will be responsible for receiving your application. They will evaluate and ensure that the applicants meet all eligibility criteria. And that all applications are complete prior to submission to the Mauritian Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science, and Technology.
The nominating agency must process and submit your online application by the deadline of February 28, 2022, and hard copies by the deadline of March 07, 2022. Find below the documents you will need for your application
- A fully completed Application Form
- Certified copies of educational certificates
- Your certified copies of transcripts
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- A certified copy of the bio-data page of the passport, if available;
- Medical certificate duly filled-in and signed by a registered Medical Practitioner in Section 6 of the Application Form.
- Copy of letter of conditional offer by a public Higher education institution in Mauritius (if available at time of application) OR
- A copy of the acknowledgment notice from the Mauritian public HEI. That, an application for a seat has been made and the appropriate application fee has been paid; and
- Study/Research plan for candidates opting for a Master’s and doctoral study.
- Supporting statement from a named supervisor from a University in Mauritius for PhD candidates.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.