Applications are now being accepted for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship in The Netherlands. The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2022 is for prospective master’s degree students who wish to apply for an eligible master’s degree program at Leiden University for the Autumn semester starting September 2022.
This scholarship aims at excellent students from non-EEA/non-EFTA countries joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree program as well as to excellent students of all nationalities joining an LLM Advanced Studies program or the Master’s in International Relations & Diplomacy.
Eligible candidates for the scholarship must be applying for courses in Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance, and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
Benefits of Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
The LExS scholarship program is distributed along with three categories, awarded for the duration of the study program. The three categories are:
- A scholarship grant worth € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- Scholarship grant worth€ 15,000 of the tuition fee
- A scholarship grant covering the full total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Eligibility Required for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
Applicants must fulfill the following application conditions in order to apply
- You must be a citizen of a non-EEA/non-EFTA country and applying for a Master’s program at Leiden University OR
- A citizen of any other country applying for an LLM Advanced Studies programme, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- You must be applying for any of the eligible Master’s programs offered at Leiden University.
- Candidates must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme, which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying.
- Moreover, You must be amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study program.
Application Details of Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
Applicants must submit their applications for admission into their program of choice using the online application form. During the application process in the scholarship section of your online application, you must indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS. Apart from the online application, you will need to upload supporting documents as indicated below
- Firstly, Your academic documents
- Secondly, Proof of excellent performance
- Thirdly, You must Upload a LExS motivation letter. Please follow the instructions in your online application.
- Lastly, In case you are applying for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each, you must clearly indicate it and upload a separate LExS motivation letter for each application.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found here to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!