Rochester Institute of Technology is one of the reputed universities in New York, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Rochester Institute of Technology.
Rochester Institute of Technology is a private doctoral university within the town of Henrietta in the Rochester, New York. The university was founded in the year 1891.
RIT is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 94th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 120 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. RIT’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Rochester Institute of Technology Scholarships
- RIT has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
RIT is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 55%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Rochester University of Technology.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Rochester Institute Technology Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at RIT.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $28,502.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- RIT writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Rochester Institute of Technology.