Xavier University is one of the very good Jesuit universities in Ohio, United States. Many bright and talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Xavier University.
Xavier University is a Jesuit university in Cincinnati and Norwood, Ohio. It was founded in the year 1831 and is the sixth-oldest Catholic and fourth-oldest Jesuit university in the United States.
Xavier is one of the reputed universities in Ohio, United States. In fact, it ranks 5th in the Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 90 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Xavier University Scholarships
- Xavier has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Xavier is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 70%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Xavier University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Xavier University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Xavier.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $19,257.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Xavier writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Xavier University.