Willamette University is one of the top private liberal arts universities in Oregon, United States. Many bright and academically excellent students get good scholarships opportunity at Willamette University.
Willamette University is a private liberal arts college in Salem, Oregon. It was founded in 1842 and it is the oldest university in the Western United States.
Willamette is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 82nd position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Willamette collectively offers more than 50 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Willamette College Scholarships
- Willamette has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Willamette is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 76%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Willamette University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Willamette College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Willamette.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $26,106.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Willamette writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Willamette University.