Wheaton College is one of the reputed Christian liberal arts colleges in Illinois, United States. Many academically excellent and talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Wheaton College.
Wheaton College is a Christian, residential liberal arts college and graduate school in Wheaton, Illinois. The Protestant college was founded by evangelical abolitionists in 1860.
Wheaton is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 62nd position in the National Liberal Arts College in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Wheaton collectively offers more than 40 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Wheaton College Scholarships
- Wheaton has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Wheaton is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 77%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Wheaton College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Wheaton College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Wheaton.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $24,492.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Wheaton writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Wheaton College.