Utica College is one of the reputed liberal arts colleges in New York, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Utica College.
Utica College is a private university in Utica, New York. The history of the college dates back to the 1930s when Syracuse University began offering extension courses in the Utica area.
Utica is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 130th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Utica collectively offers more than 70 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Utica College Scholarships
- Utica has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Utica is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 80%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Utica College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Utica College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Utica.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $21,352.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Utica writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Utica College.