Union College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many high achieving and highly talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Union College.
Union College is a private, non-denominational liberal arts college located in Schenectady, New York. It was founded in 1795. Also, it was the first institution of higher learning chartered by the New York State Board of Regents.
Union is one of the reputed liberal arts colleges in New York, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 36th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 60 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Union College Scholarships
- Union has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Union is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 36%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Union College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Union College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Almost, 60% of students receive some kind of financial aid at Union.
- Union awards over $48 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- Further, the average need-based financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $35,000.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Union writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Union College.