Troy University is one of the good public universities in Alabama, United States. Many bright and talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Troy University.
Troy University is a comprehensive public university that is located in Troy, Alabama, United States. The university was established in 1887.
Troy is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 89th position in Regional Universities South in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 30 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Troy’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Troy University Scholarships
- Troy has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Troy is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 91%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Troy University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Troy University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Troy.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $9,347.
All applicants apply online through Troy’s Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Troy writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Troy University.