Trinity College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many highly talented and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Trinity College.
Trinity College is a private liberal arts college in Hartford, Connecticut. It was founded as Washington College in 1823 as an alternative to Yale. Also, it is the second-oldest college in the state of Connecticut.
Trinity is one of the top liberal arts universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 642nd position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers 41 majors, 28 interdisciplinary minors, and more than 900 courses. Trinity’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Trinity College Scholarships
- Trinity has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Trinity is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 34%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Trinity College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Trinity College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the university commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 85% of the students receive need-based aid at Trinity.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $34,173.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Trinity writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Trinity College.