Transylvania University is one of the good private universities in Kentucky, United States. Many bright and talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Transylvania University.
Transylvania University, colloquially known as “Transy”, is a private university in Lexington, Kentucky, United States. It was founded in 1780 as the first university in Kentucky.
Transylvania is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 84th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 45 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Transylvania’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Transylvania University Scholarships
- Transylvania has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Transylvania is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 95%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Transylvania University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Transylvania University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Transylvania.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $10,238.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Transylvania writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Transylvania University.