Thomas College is one of the good private business colleges in Maine, United States. Many talented and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Thomas College.
Thomas College is a relatively small private business college located in Waterville, Maine, United States. The college was founded in 1894.
Thomas is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 2nd tier in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 15 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Thomas’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Thomas College Scholarships
- Thomas has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Thomas is one of the universities with high selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 97%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Thomas College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Thomas College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Thomas.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $12,384.
All applicants apply online through Thomas’s Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Thomas writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Thomas College.