St. Olaf College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at St Olaf College.
St Olaf College is a co-educational, residential, four-year, private liberal arts college in Northfield, Minnesota, United States. It was founded in 1874 by a group of Norwegian-American immigrant pastors and farmers, led by Pastor Bernt Julius Muus.
St Olaf is one of the reputed universities in Minnesota, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 56th position in National Liberal Arts College in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 60 majors, minors, and concentrations which gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
St Olaf College Scholarships
- St. Olaf has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
St Olaf is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 44%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the St Olaf College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
St Olaf College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the university commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- 98% of students receive some kind of financial aid at St. Olaf.
- 63% of students receive a merit scholarship.
- Similarly, 80% of students receive need-based financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $34,296.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- St Olaf writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to St. Olaf College.