Spelman College is one of the top all-women liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many academically excelling students get good scholarships opportunity at Spelman College.
Spelman College is a private, liberal art, all-women college in Atlanta, Georgia. The college is part of the Atlanta University Center academic consortium in Atlanta. It was first established in 1881 and got its collegiate recognition in 1921.
Spelman is one of the top public universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 61st position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 34 majors and 36 minors in the areas of natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
Spelman College Scholarships
- Spelman has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Spelman is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 36%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Spelman College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Spelman College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Spelman.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $7,580.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Spelman writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: Mid April
Lastly, here is the official link to the Spelman College.