Smith College is one of the top all-women liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many highly talented and high achieving students get good scholarships opportunity at Smith College.
Smith College is a private, independent women’s liberal arts college with coed graduate and certificate programs in Northampton, Massachusetts. It is the largest member of the Seven Sisters.
Smith is one of the top all-women liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 11th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Smith offers more than 50 areas of study in social sciences and history, the arts, languages, literature, mathematics and the natural sciences. Academic concentrations at Smith give students a way to delve further into an area of interest by combining academic and practical experiences, such as internships and service learning.
Smith College Scholarships
- Smith has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Smith is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 37%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Smith College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Smith College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the university commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students at Smith receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $44,127.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Smith writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision I: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Early Decision II: January 1
Notification: Late March
For Regular Decision: January 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Smith College.