Simpson College is one of the very good Methodist liberal arts colleges in Iowa, United States. Many academically excellent and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Simpson College.
Simpson College is a private Methodist liberal arts college in Indianola, Iowa, United States. The college was founded in 1860 and is named for Methodist minister Matthew Simpson.
Simpson is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 138th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 60 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Simpson’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Simpson College Scholarships
- Simpson has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Simpson is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 83%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Simpson College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Simpson College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Simpson.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $19,362.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Simpson writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Priority Deadlines: March 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Simpson College.