Salisbury University is one of the reputed universities in Maryland, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Salisbury University.
Salisbury University is a public university located in the city of Salisbury in Wicomico County, Maryland, roughly 30 miles west of Ocean City. It was founded as an institution for higher education in 1925.
Salisbury is one of the top public university in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 78th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 130 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Salisbury’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Salisbury University Scholarships
- Salisbury has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Salisbury is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 68%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Salisbury University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Salisbury University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Salisbury.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $4,572.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Salisbury writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
Regular Decision: January 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Salisbury University.