Roanoke College is one of the very good liberal arts colleges in Virginia, United States. Many academically excellent and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Roanoke College.
Roanoke College is a private liberal arts college in Salem, Virginia, United States. The college was established in 1842.
Roanoke is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 138th position in National Liberal Arts College in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Roanoke collectively offers more than 70 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Roanoke College Scholarships
- Roanoke has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Roanoke is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 72%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Roanoke College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Roanoke College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Roanoke.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $16,865.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Roanoke writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: January 1
For Regular Decision: April 30
Lastly, here is the official link to Roanoke College.