Reed College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many high achieving brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Reed College.
Reed College is an independent liberal arts college in southeast Portland in the U.S. state of Oregon. It was first founded in 1908 and named after Simeon Gannett Reed and Amanda Reed. Reed is a residential college with a campus in Portland’s Eastmoreland neighborhood.
Reed is one of the top liberal arts colleges in Portland, Oregon. In fact, it ranks in the 82nd position in National Liberal Arts in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is best known for its academic rigors and highly developed core curriculum.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors through its 23 departments. Also, it has 14 inter-disciplinary programs.
Reed College Scholarships
- Reed College has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Reed is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Reed College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Reed College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students at Reed receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $38,275.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Reed writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Reed College.