Prescott College is one of the very good private liberal arts college in Arizona, United States. Many highly talented and motivated students get good scholarships opportunity at Prescott College.
Prescott College is a private liberal arts college in Prescott, Arizona. In 1965, the Ford Foundation brought together a group of educators from around the United States. Prescott College was the result of this gathering.
Prescott is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 81st position in Regional Universities West in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 25 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Prescott’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Prescott College Scholarships
- Prescott has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Prescott is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 67%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Prescott College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Prescott College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Prescott.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $12,776.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Prescott writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
Regular Decision: August 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Prescott College.