Ohio University is one of the very good public research university in Ohio, University. Many bright and highly talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Ohio University.
Ohio University is a public research university in Athens, Ohio, United States. It was established in 1787 and it is the first institution that was chartered in Ohio.
Ohio is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 150th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Ohio collectively offers more than 160 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Ohio University Scholarships
- Ohio has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Ohio is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 74%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Ohio University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Ohio University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Ohio.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,806.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Ohio writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: Decision 1
For Regular Decision: February
Lastly, here is the official link to Ohio University.