Naropa University is one of the good private liberal arts universities in Colorado, United States. Many highly talented and bright students get good scholarships opportunity at Naropa University.
Naropa University is a private liberal arts university in Boulder, Colorado. It was founded in 1974 by Tibetan Buddhist teacher Chögyam Trungpa, it is named for the 11th-century Indian Buddhist sage Naropa, an abbot of Nalanda.
Naropa is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 2nd tier of Regional Universities South in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 25 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Naropa’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Naropa University Scholarships
- Naropa has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Naropa is one of the universities with very low selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 97%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Naropa University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Naropa University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Naropa.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $6,488.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Naropa writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Naropa University.