Morehouse College is one of the very good historically black men’s colleges in Georgia, United States. Many bright and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Morehouse College.
Morehouse College is a private historically black men’s college in Atlanta, Georgia. The college is one of the few remaining traditional men’s liberal arts colleges in the United States. It was founded in 1867.
Morehouse is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 160th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Morehouse collectively offers more than 25 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Morehouse College Scholarships
- Morehouse has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Morehouse is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 65%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Morehouse College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Morehouse College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Morehouse.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $18,631.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Morehouse writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Morehouse College.