Monmouth University is one of the very good liberal arts colleges in New Jersey, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Monmouth University.
Monmouth University is a private university in West Long Branch, New Jersey. It was founded in 1933 as Monmouth Junior College and became Monmouth College in 1956 and Monmouth University in 1995 after receiving its charter.
Monmouth is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 28th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Monmouth collectively offers more than 40 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Monmouth University Scholarships
- Monmouth has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Monmouth is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 75%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Monmouth University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Monmouth University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Monmouth.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $24,402.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Monmouth writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: January 15
For Regular Decision: March 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Monmouth University.