Millsaps College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Millsaps College.
Millsaps College is a private liberal arts college in Jackson, Mississippi. It was founded in 1890 and affiliated with the United Methodist Church, Millsaps is home to 985 students.
Millsaps is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 84th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 35 majors and 45 minors across the range of disciplines. Millsaps’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Millsaps College Scholarships
- Millsaps has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Millsaps is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 55%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Millsaps College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Millsaps College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Millsaps.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $31,872.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Millsaps writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
For Regular Decision: May 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Millsaps College.