Mills College is one of the good private liberal arts colleges in California, United States. Many brilliant and talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Mills College.
Mills College is a private liberal arts and sciences college in Oakland, California. Mills was founded as the Young Ladies Seminary in 1852 in Benicia, California. The school was relocated to Oakland, California, in 1871, and became the first women’s college west of the Rockies.
Mills is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 9th position in Regional Universities West in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 25 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Mills’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Mills College Scholarships
- Mills has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Mills is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 85%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Mills College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Mills College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Mills.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $6,671.
All applicants apply online through Mills’s Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Mills writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Mills College.