Miami University is one of the reputed universities in Ohio, United States. Many highly talented and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Miami University.
Miami University is a public research university in Oxford, Ohio, United States. The university was founded in 1809 although classes were not held until 1824. Miami University is the second-oldest university in Ohio and the 10th oldest public university in the United States.
MU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 78th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 120 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. MU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Miami University Scholarships
- MU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
MU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 65%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Miami University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Miami University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at MU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $26,570.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Miami University.