Meredith College is one of the reputed colleges in North Carolina, United States. Many bright and brilliant student get good scholarships opportunity at Meredith College.
Meredith College is a women’s liberal arts college and coeducational graduate school in Raleigh, North Carolina. It was first chartered by the First Baptist Church, the Baptist Female University opened in 1891 in a facility in downtown Raleigh.
Meredith is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 163rd position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Meredith’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Meredith College Scholarships
- Meredith has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Meredith is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 55%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Meredith College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Meredith College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Meredith.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $26,832.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Meredith writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: December 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Meredith College.