Mercy College is one of the very good private research universities in New York, United States. Many bright and academically excellent students get good scholarships opportunity at Mercy College.
Mercy College is a private research university with its main campus located on 66 acres in Dobbs Ferry, New York, United States. The college was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1950.
Mercy is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 2nd tier in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Mercy collectively offers more than 70 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Mercy College Scholarships
- Mercy has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Mercy is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 76%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Mercy College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Mercy College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Mercy.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $12,741.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Mercy writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Mercy College.