McDaniel College is one of the very good private liberal arts colleges in Maryland, United States. Many academically talented and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at McDaniel College.
McDaniel College is a private liberal arts college in Westminster, Maryland. It was established in 1867 and was known as Western Maryland College until 2002 when it was renamed McDaniel College.
McDaniel is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 134th position in national Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, McDaniel collectively offers more than 25 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
McDaniel College Scholarships
- McDaniel has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
McDaniel is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 77%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at McDaniel College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
McDaniel College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at McDaniel.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $20,356.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- McDaniel writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: February 1
For Regular Decision: March 1
Lastly, here is the official link to McDaniel College.