Marist College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Marist College.
Marist College is a private liberal arts college in Poughkeepsie, New York. It was founded in 1905 and was formed by the Marist Brothers, a Catholic religious institute of Brothers, to prepare brothers for their vocations as educators.
Marist is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 9th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 70 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Marist College Scholarships
- Marist has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Marist is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 40%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Marist College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Marist College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 90% of the students receive some kind of financial assistance or scholarships to fund their study at Marist.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $18,638.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Marist writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Marist College.