Manhattan College is one of the very good catholic liberal arts colleges in New York, United States. Many talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Manhattan College.
Manhattan College is a private, Roman Catholic, liberal arts college in the Bronx in New York City. After originally being established in 1853 by the Brothers of the Christian Schools as an academy for day students, Manhattan College was officially incorporated as an institution of higher education in 1922.
Manhattan is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 15th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 45 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Manhattan’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Manhatan College Scholarships
- Manhattan has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Manhattan is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 68%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Manhattan College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Manhattan College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Manhattan.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $24,057.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Manhattan writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Manhattan College.