MacMurray College is one of the very good private liberal arts colleges in Illinois, United States. Many highly talented and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at MacMurray College.
MacMurray College is a private liberal arts college in Jacksonville, Illinois. The College was founded in 1846 by devout and erudite Methodist clergymen as well as several of Jacksonville’s prominent citizens.
MacMurray is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 54th position in Regional Universities Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 20 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. MacMurray’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
MacMurray College Scholarships
- MacMurray has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
MacMurray is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 56%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at MacMurray College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
MacMurray College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at MacMurray.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $18,600.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MacMurray writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Priority Deadline: November 1
Lastly, here is the official link to MacMurray College.