Lycoming College is one of the very good liberal arts colleges in Pennsylvania, United States. Many bright and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Lycoming College.
Lycoming College is a private liberal arts college in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. The college was founded in 1812 and it is one of the 50 oldest colleges in the United States.
Lycoming is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 147th position in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Lycoming collectively offers more than 60 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Lycoming College Scholarships
- Lycoming has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Lycoming is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 74%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Lycoming College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Lycoming College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Lycoming.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $21,457.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Lycoming writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Lycoming College.