Linfield College is one of the very good private liberal arts colleges in Oregon, United States. Many academically excellent and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Linfield College.
Linfield College is a private college in McMinnville, Oregon, United States. The college was founded in 1858.
Linfield is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 117th position in national Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Linfield collectively offers more than 60 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Linfield College Scholarships
- Linfield has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Linfield is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 74%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Linfield College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Linfield College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Linfield.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $18,762.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Linfield writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Regular Decision: January 2
Lastly, here is the official link to Linfield College.