Kean University is one of the reputed public universities in New Jersey, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Kean University.
Kean University is a public university in Union and Hillside, New Jersey. It was first founded in 1855.
Kean is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 125th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Kean collectively offers more than 60 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Kean University Scholarships
- Kean has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Kean is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 74%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Kean University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Kean University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Kean.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $6,469.
All applicants apply online through the Kean Online Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Kean writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: January 1
For Regular Decision: April 30
Lastly, here is the official link to Kean University.