Kalamazoo College is one of the reputed liberal arts colleges in Michigan, United States. Many bright and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Kalamazoo College.
Kalamazoo College is a private liberal arts college founded in 1833 in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The school was founded by American Baptist ministers, but today it maintains no religious affiliation.
Kalamazoo is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 75th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Kalamazoo collectively offers more than 30 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Kalamazoo University Scholarships
- Kalamazoo has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Kalamazoo is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 64%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Kalamazoo College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Kalamazoo College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Kalamazoo.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $23,184.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Kalamazoo writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision I: November 1
Notification: December 1
Early Action: January 1
Notification: December 20
Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Early Decision II: February 1
Notification: February 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Kalamazoo College.