Hofstra University is one of the top private universities in New York, United States. Many bright and highly talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Hofstra University.
Hofstra University is a private university in Hempstead, New York. It was first established in 1935 as an extension of New York University under the name Nassau College – Hofstra Memorial of New York University at Hempstead, Long Island.
Hofstra is one of the reputed universities in New York, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 121st position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 200 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Hofstra University Scholarships
- Hofstra has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Hofstra is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 62%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Hofstra University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Hofstra University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Hofstra.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $32,545.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Hofstra writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Hofstra University.