Hillsdale College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many academically excellent and high achieving students get good scholarships opportunity at Hillsdale College.
Hillsdale College is a private college in Hillsdale, Michigan. It was founded in 1844 by devout abolitionists known as Free Will Baptists and has a liberal arts curriculum that is based on the Western heritage as a product of both the Greco-Roman culture and the Judeo-Christian tradition.
Hillsdale is one of the reputed universities in Pennsylvania, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 43rd in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors, 35 minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Hillsdale College Scholarships
- Hillsdale has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Hillsdale is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 40%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Hillsdale College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Hillsdale College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Hillsdale.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $34,923.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Hillsdale writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Action: November 1
Notification: January 15
Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late December
Regular Decision: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Hillsdale College.