Hastings College is one of the top liberal arts colleges at Nebraska, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Hastings College.
Hastings College is a private liberal arts college in Adams County, Nebraska, United States. The college was founded in 1872 at the intersection of the Burlington and Missouri River Railroad and the St. Joseph and Denver City Railroad. It was named for Colonel D. T. Hastings.
Hastings is one of the reputed colleges in Nebraska, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 17th position in Regional Universities Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Hastings College Scholarships
- Hastings has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Hastings is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Hastings College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Hastings College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Hastings.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $29,264.
All applicants apply online through the Hastings Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Hastings writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Hastings College.