Hartwick College is one of the very good private liberal arts colleges in New York, United States. Many academically excellent and bright students get good scholarships opportunity at Hartwick College.
Hartwick College is a private liberal arts college in Oneonta, New York. The institution’s origin is rooted in the founding of Hartwick Seminary in 1797 through the will of John Christopher Hartwick.
Hartwick is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 164th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Hartwick collectively offers more than 60 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Hartwick College Scholarships
- Hartwick has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Hartwick is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 85%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Hartwick College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Hartwick College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Hartwick.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $17,803.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Hartwick writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Hartwick College.