Goucher College is one of the very good liberal arts colleges in Maryland, United States. Many bright and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Goucher College.
Goucher College is a private liberal arts college in Towson, Maryland. It was founded in 1885 by a group of influential Methodists led by the Rev. John Franklin Goucher.
Goucher is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 112th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, Goucher collectively offers more than 30 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Goucher College Scholarships
- Goucher has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Goucher is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 76%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Goucher College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Goucher College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Goucher.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $27,872.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Goucher writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Goucher College.