Goshen College is one of the reputed private liberal arts colleges in Indiana, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Goshen College.
Goshen College is a private liberal arts college in Goshen, Indiana. The institution was founded in 1894 as the Elkhart Institute of Science, Industry and the Arts, and is affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Goshen is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 6th position in Regional Colleges Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors and 47 minors across the range of disciplines. Goshen’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Goshen College Scholarships
- Goshen has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Goshen is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 61%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Goshen College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Goshen College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Goshen.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $12,344.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Goshen writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Priority Deadlines: January 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Goshen College.